In this tutorial, we are going to learn bout features of Python Language.
Features of Python Language :
Python supports following features.
1) Simple and easy to Learn :
- The syntaxes of the python language are very simple. Anybody can remember the python language syntaxes, rules and regulations very easily.
- The elegant syntaxes of the python language makes the people to learn python in easiest manner.
- With out having any other programming languages knowledge, we can learn python directly.
- The simple and powerful syntax of the python language makes the programmers to express their business logic is less lines of code.
2) Portability :
- The python applications or portable. The applications which are developed by python on one platform are going to execute any platform with out making any changes (re-compiling is not required).
- To achieve the portability feature with respect to the every operating system a separate python software is developed for every version of python.
3) Free and Open Source & Redistribution:
- Python is a open source language, so that anyone can use the python software without purchasing the licence.
- Anyone can read the python source code and can able to do the modification in the source code and also we can redistribute that code to others.
4) High Level Language :
- Python is a high level language.
- While developing the python application, the developers need not to bother about the memory management.
5) Python supports POP & OOP :
- Python language supports both Procedural Oriented Programming and Object Oriented Programming features.
- We can implement the OOPs features like Encapsulation, polymorphism, inheritance and abstraction in python programming language.
6) Python is interpreted Language :
- Like PHP language, Python is also interpreted language.
- Python applications does not require explicit compilation so that compiler is not require for python software.
- Python interpreter is responsible for execution of the python applications.
- When ever we run the python application, the python interpreter checks for the syntax errors. If there is no syntax errors found in our code then the interpreter converts the code into intermediate code in the form of low level format and executes it.
- The intermediate code of the python applications is known as byte code.
- The extension of the byte code file is .pye (Python Compile Code)
7) Python is Embeddable :
- We can embed the python code into other languages programs such as C,C++, Java and Etc..
- In order to provide the scripting capabilities to other languages we can use the python code in it.
8) Extensive Libraries :
- Python language is proving huge built in libraries. The developers can use the built in libraries to their applications.
- By making use of built in libraries, the development will become faster.
- We can easily add and use the third party libraries in Python applications.
9) Develop GUI & Web Application :
- We can develop the GUI based applications using Python Languages.
- We can also develop the Web applications using Python Language.
Happy Learning 🙂