In this tutorial, we are going to learn about CPP Features.
CPP Language Features:
- Rich Library
- Middle-level programming language
- Platform Dependent
- Structured Programming Language
- Memory Management
- Powerful & Fast
These terms are explained below:
- Simple: – Firstly, the C++ program is easy to write and understand because it provides a structured approach, a rich set of built-in libraries, etc… If you have worked with C language, then it would be easier to learn and implement C++.
- Rich Library: – C++ provides a wide range of standard library functions that are inbuilt functions in C++ programming. The built-in libraries and their functions help the programmer to develop the program with ease. Having abundant libraries and header files makes the development easier.
- Middle-level programming language: – However, C++ is a middle-level language, it has the capabilities and features of both Assembly language and High-level language. It has the ability to do both low-level & high-level programming. It is used to develop desktop applications, video games, etc.
- Platform Dependent: – It means that the language in which programs can be executed only on that OS where it is developed and compiled. It cannot run or execute on any other OS.
- Structured Programming Language: – A C++ code is modular with the help of functions, classes & objects. It is easy to understand and modify the code.
- Extensible: – Most importantly, the C++ language is extensible because it can easily adopt new features, i.e. when a program is already written in it some more features and operations can be added to it.
- Object-Oriented: – The key difference between C and C++ is OOPs concepts (or) Object-Oriented Programming. It follows the concepts such as Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance, and Polymorphism. OOPs makes the development & maintenance of code easier.
- Memory Management: – C++ supports the feature of Dynamic Memory Allocation as in C. The allocated memory can be made free at any time of the execution of the code.
- Powerful & Fast: – It is a fast language as compilation and execution time is less. But in the case of the latest languages like Java, Python, etc.. they have some additional processing other than the extra features, which affects their performance. Another reason is that statically typed languages are faster than dynamically typed languages.
Happy Learning 🙂