PHP, which stands for PHP: Hypertext Processor, is a server-side scripting language works together with HTML to develop dynamic websites and web applications. Here is the quick PHP Introduction;
PHP Introduction :
PHP was developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995, it is open source Scripting framework. The PHP scripts are executed on the server and easyly integrated with HTML.
Each programming language has its advantages and limitations. I have used the word ‘limitations’ because I believe that no language has disadvantages.
PHP is one of the mostly used languages for web programming and development. Some of the most famous PHP implementations include the following:
Why PHP ?
There are numerous programming languages that are used. Each of them has fans who will advocate for their usage. Some of the most important characteristics of PHP are as follows:
- Ease of loading: PHP has a graceful memory management capability. Compared to ASP or any other language, pages written on PHP load faster.
- Cost-effectiveness: Anything that is open source belongs to the community and is usable free of charge. PHP is an open source programming language.
- Cheap hosting: PHP can run on any server, including a Linux server. Other server-side programming languages such as ASP and Wolfram require the financial investment.
- Flexibility: PHP offers flexibility in terms of a wide base of choice in terms of programming. It can connect to any database, including MySQL.
- Dynamism: PHP has the power to run anything on the web. It some of the most complicated scripts that serve you with Twitter and Facebook posts and can be as simple as the developer wishes.
Comparison to Other languages :
- PHP is a simple scripting language that can be used alongside HTML to write powerful programs. Its learning curve is smoother compared to Java and Ruby on Rails.
- PHP is popular on the server because of the memory management capabilities. It, thus loads faster than many other languages such as Ruby, Python, C, C++, and Java, among others.
- PHP is an ideal first language due to its flexibility and fullness of features. It enables easier grasping of programming concepts compared to other programming languages.
- PHP has one of the largest developer communities in the world. Almost every trick has been implemented/explored somehow, which increases rate of successful projects.
- Compared to other programming languages such as Java and Ruby, PHP runs on every platform and operating system. It is ideal for both slow and fast processing systems.
In a nut shell..
PHP is a great programming language that offers dynamism and other powerful features that have been mentioned above.
In addition to its gentle curve of learning, it comes at a minimal cost and ease of usage. You will enjoy learning and using PHP for any projects, whether small or large.
Even NASA uses PHP.