To get your local IP of a Windows system, you can use one of the following methods.
How to get my local IP:
- Command Prompt:
- Open the Command Prompt on your Windows system.
- Type “ipconfig” and press Enter.
- Look for the “Default Gateway” IP address under the “Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi” section. This IP address is the local IP of your system.
- Visit any website that displays your public IP, such as “whatismyip.com” or “ipecho.net”. Your public IP will be displayed on the website.
- Open the PowerShell on your Windows system.
- Type the following command and press Enter: “Invoke-WebRequest http://checkip.dyndns.org/ | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Content”.
- Your public IP will be displayed in the PowerShell window.
These methods allow you to easily retrieve your public IP address and stay informed about your network status.
Happy Learning 🙂